Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Chased to bed by a TV show

I'm bone tired, so this is not all about the TV show. But I'm heading to bed at the time I SHOULD (!) because dear husband is watching a fictional something on public television about the horrible time of genocide in Rwanda. Tonight I just cannot even listen (from my office loft) to this tragedy, this horror, the evil things human beings can do.

I looked it up:
Sometimes in April -- Haunting account of the 1994 genocide in Rwanda, focusing on a Hutu soldier (Idris Elba), married to a Tutsi, and a U.S. diplomat (Debra Winger) trying to get the West to intervene.
Sounds very good, but... well, tonight I'm off to bed. May the souls of the departed, O Lord, rest in peace. May truth and justice spread across that and all lands. May we as individuals and as nations see clearly what we should do -- and do it when it needs to be done.
 

No comments: