Sunday, August 08, 2004

Book stack reshuffled

I returned Hillary Clinton's Living History, unfinished. Amazing how oddly freeing that is. Better to return it when the interest wanes, and know it's available to check out another time to finish, if I get interested again.

The books in the sidebar, well, I'm in a bit of a lull right now re. longer books. Most of them are being IGNORED for the moment, in favor of:

Homeschooling, the Middle Years: Your complete guide to successfully homeschooling the 8- to 12-year-old child, by Shari Henry. Finished this today. I love reading interesting tidbits about other people.

How to Talk to Your Child About Sex: It's best to start early, but it's never too late, by the Eyres. Read the under-10 parts today, skimmed the rest, and it's ready to return. It's pretty good.

Next I'm going to read the next several books in Son1's "The Young Underground" series (kids' adventures in WW2 and post-WW2 Denmark). Pure fun, and that's what I want right now. Maybe I'll peek at Son1's The Magical Worlds of Harry Potter: A treasury of myths, legends, and fascinating facts, by David Colbert. He gobbled it up.

I reserve the right to dump all books in the library's return bin when I lose interest, no matter how long I waited for my request to be filled. Freedom!

No comments: