Saturday, January 07, 2006

Knitting update

My very own to-go cup sleeve -- with cheery, wild Squiggle knit into the top several rows.
Posted by Picasa
I keep this in my purse for those opportunities to use it instead of the boring paper sleeves for coffee to-go cups. It's a sock cuff, more or less.


Three of my four or five brand-new, knit-by-me, chunky, hand-sized dishcloths. These have all been used and washed several times over the last week or two.
Posted by Picasa
In the middle: my first DW dishcloth. On the left: my second DW dishcloth in my favored Christmas/winter colors -- displaying the left half which has cool variations in colors; the right half has weird pooling, and I wish it'd gone one way or the other. On the right: my first of several bee stitch dishcloths in the same yarn (Peaches and Cream 100 percent cotton).


The hat too small for anyone.
Posted by Picasa
Shall be frogged back to the crown and made bigger. Next time, must trust my gut feeling more than the math (checked and rechecked multiple times). But I like the patterning I came up with!


A ruffle for a sock! I did this yesterday.
Posted by Picasa
Now that I have figured out how to knit a small-circumference in-the-round thing on a single circular needle, I can get going on these socks for one of my young nieces. Many weeks ago I had cast on the 136 stitches needed to start with the ruffle, but hadn't yet figured out the Magic Loop technique I was planning to use, so it stalled. I inquired about this ruffle edge after a Knitlist mention. The subsequent ribbing is k3p2 to set up for the pattern repeat. After a half-inch or so of the ribbing, I'll get going on the actual pattern (Chutes and Ladders from Six Sox Knitalong).


It feels good to get past the mental-block parts of various projects. Next: to park the toe of Sock the First and then cast on for Sock the Second of the Harry Potter socks for Son1.

No comments: