Sunday, September 05, 2004

Deeper stuff

All of this "life of me" blog stuff lately doesn't really show that I've been following closely the horrible hostage situation in Russia and its awful end, as well as the ponderously slow approach and sweep across Florida of Hurricane Frances; reading A Theology of Worship (Louis Weil, "The New Church's Teaching Series") and finally beginning to explore why in the world I get all reluctant to attend Sunday church services; adapting every movement of my hands and arms to ease the pain in BOTH of my wrists -- this is worrisome; and getting a little anxious about the start of church/Sunday school in two weeks -- I do not feel ready to welcome our Godly Play kids yet.

That stuff continues underneath and knit into the dailyness.

Guide us waking, O Lord, and guard us sleeping; that awake we may watch with Christ, and asleep we may rest in peace.
~ Compline service, the Book of Common Prayer of the Episcopal Church

No comments: