Monday, January 01, 2007

2006 blogging in review

I've seen this several places, mostly recently at The Black Pearl Academy, and finally decided to go for it. The idea is to post the first line of your first blog post from each month of 2006. Here goes...

January 2006 - Two things I've learned already in the new year: Magic Loop is very helpful for hats, and it IS possible to muck out and rearrange my office space in one day even with several years of paper clutter amidst everything.

February 2006 - I love the Lilypie tickers.

March 2006 - "You need to watch for and encourage your child's originality and not let the schools snuff it out...." (post about frustration with Son1's school difficulties)

April 2006 - Solution to peak-oil-induced world weariness: read my favorite blogs.

May 2006 - How is it that I can be cheerful while reading Collapse: How societies choose to fail or succeed, by Jared Diamond (on CD in the car, and the occasional dip into the book itself at home) AND The Long Emergency: Surviving the converging catastrophes of the 21st century, by James Kunstler?

June 2006 - Favorite book I'm currently reading: Gaia's Garden: A guide to home-scale permaculture, by Toby Hemenway.

July 2006 - I'm trying the RevGalBlogPals Friday Five -- a few hours late. Oops.

August 2006 - Last year at this time we spent three weeks in Washington state. (gas prices rant and my efforts to conserve)

September 2006 - My sons have run a lemonade stand in our driveway for the last three afternoons.

October 2006 - I just wrote this to a friend, and it bears posting here. Time is flying by for me -- every Saturday I stop, breathe, and think, "It's Saturday again already?!?"

November 2006 - I'm just wondering. For Thanksgiving Day or weekend, do you have plans to feast, travel, attend a church service, get together with family or with friends (or both), watch the big-city parades or football on TV, do something completely different?

December 2006 - Advent Friday Five from the RevGalBlogPals, as Advent begins this Sunday.

Wow, that was a whirlwind tour of the year!

1 comment:

DebD said...

What a fun idea!

I have another friend who is a part of the RevGalBlogPals. Small world.

Debbi ("Metanoia" from The HS Library)