Sunday, June 04, 2006

My "MotherStyle" seems spot on. Hmm.

The quote is SO me, as is everything else in the description.

INTP: The "Love of Learning" Mother

I keep the encyclopedia in the kitchen so we can look up things together while we eat.
  • Intellectually curious and patient, the INTP mother relishes those times with a child when they are learning something interesting together. Whether they’re at the zoo or computer terminal, she sparks to answering his or her "whys" with in-depth responses or new knowledge.

  • The INTP mother is also objective and introspective. She listens to and discusses children’s ideas and questions as she would those of a peer, fostering self-esteem and confidence. Open and non-directive, she allows children the freedom to do for themselves and quietly encourages them to believe they can do it.

  • Independence, autonomy, intellectual development, and self-reliance are probably the INTP’s highest priorities for her children. An avid reader, she naturally imparts an appreciation and love of reading as well.

  • Drawn to all types of learning, the INTP may also value her mothering experience for all the new insights about life it provides her.

  • MotherStyles personality/parenting quiz


With various Myers-Briggs-style quizzes over the years, I've always been I-N-something-something, usually very balanced in the last two aspects. In this case, with one simple pair of choices per element, I was definitely I-N-something-P, and the INTP result is much more "aha! that's me."

No comments: