Saturday, July 07, 2007

Another baking day

Yep, that Amish Friendship Bread starter was soooo ready. No denying it; today had to be a baking day. I still have three and a half loaves of breads in the freezer, and plenty of granola, so I am baking only I needed or had promised to do.

1. Chocolate cake layers, for Son1's cake to enjoy (he left for Boy Scout camp the day after his half-birthday party last month)

2. Four loaves of Amish Friendship Bread! I still had both bags of starter, so I made four loaves of bread (I cut the sugar some) and two bags of starter.
- One loaf of cinnamon-sugar AFB
- One loaf of cinnamon-chip AFB (from the mini cinnamon chips I got from the Baker's Catalogue)
- Two loaves of vanilla AFB

3. I'm probably going to toss the bowl of sliced nectarines, peaches, white peaches, and their juice into an 8x8-inch pan, top it with some stuff, and make a crisp or cobbler, whatever it's called!

Time to pull something together for dinner. I'm pretty sure dessert and breakfast are covered for a few days...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh... there is Amish Friendship bread everywhere! I just got a batch of starter myself!