Tuesday, February 27, 2007

New books for the stack

I'm delighted to be hosting the library's copy of The Story of French, by the authors of Sixty Million Frenchmen Can't Be Wrong: Why We Love France but Not the French. Should be a good read, beginning with the roots and dialects of French -- something I never learned in seven years of French study (junior high through college). I requested the library buy it after I listened to an interview with one of the authors on The Diane Rehm Show; got it yesterday; started it today.

Also got ahold of the library's newly acquired copy of Nourishing Traditions, by Sally Fallon, for a second time. I had to give it up to another eager reader's request for it, but patience is rewarded. This is another chance to slowly drink in this book about the way I'm trying to eat.

No comments: