Sunday, October 09, 2005

Costume plans underway

Mere moments ago we seem to have reached agreement on what the kids want to "be" for Halloween, and we still have three weeks to accomplish it. Yay! I really didn't want to buy costumes, nor do I want to spend a huge amount of time, nor do I know how to use a sewing machine or hot glue gun. I'm happy with their choices and so are they, hurrah! Now, I really hope there will be no waffling or changing of minds...

Son2 (5 1/2): "a scary ghost." In this case, it means he wants to wear our fluorescent-green spiderweb cape with the hood falling over his face. I suggested painting his face white (I'm thinking maybe some dark shadows under/around his eyes...) and wearing white, and he thought that'd be cool. He has his sound effect figured out already: "oo-oo-oo-Oo-oo-oo..."

Son1 (9 1/2): a Ninja. So I'll get some black sweatpants for him and we'll use his navy blue turtleneck and black hooded sweatshirt. I'll find some black cloth a la cowboy's kerchief to put across his nose and mouth and tie behind his head. He'll probably do the design work and foil covering of a cardboard knife and paper-towel-tubes-and-twine numchucks (sp?). It'll be the cool, silent type of costume, right?

If Son2 and I go to the Mummy and Son party hosted by the city parks and rec department, I'm planning to wear dark clothes and put bright plastic insects and spiders in my hair and on my shoulders. Ewwww!

I guess we've moved from cute into creepy, eh?

No comments: